I’m at the 20 week mark, almost halfway through this pregnancy. It’s amazing the emotional roller coaster that we go through as mothers from conception till now… I can’t wait until the day we get to see that amazing face looking back at us.
The big looming question is, how are we going to greet our little one when we see him?
My thoughts on names are not to be taken lightly.
I’ve been asked if we’ll be having a Junior. I understand people want their name to be passed down to generations. Boy or Girl, how can we name a person after man, who is imperfect? I’ve been asked if we’ll have a unique name (as some are doing nowadays). To each their own. But not mine. His name needs a meaning. We have a few more months to pray on this, and I’m open minded with one criteria: I want to dedicate him to the One who gave us this little miracle.
After all, this is the name he should be proud to have:
- His name will be on every personalized sticker and keychain that his aunties will buy him from various vacation spots.
- His name will be called when he eagerly raises his hand to participate in class.
- When everyone cheers for him as he runs down the football field, or basketball court,
…..or takes a bow after a cello performance, or passes a level at the spelling bee.
- He will be beaming when he sees his name on his first paycheck.
- When he sees his name spelled out on his high school diploma… and college diploma.
- Then there’s that very special day when he signs his name on the title of his first home.
God created us, every one of us living beings. Yet in Genesis 2:20, He let man name them. What a responsibility we, as parents, have to choose something so special and significant for our next generation. And I’m up for the challenge!
So, in the meantime, here’s a little picture of our baby boy, hiding after dancing the morning away… :)